You know what they say about all good things…they must come to an end. Sadly, this will be my last Romance Reveal box for the foreseeable future. More on that in a bit. First, here’s what I received.
- Signed copy of Suddenly Engaged by Julia London
- Signed copy of The Charmer by Avery Flynn
- Signed copy of The Boy Friend by Mika Jolie
- Signed copy of My Week with the Bad Boy by Brooke Cumberland and Lyra Parish
- Coloring card for author K.A. Linde
- Card for Grit by J.M. Walker
- Card for the Take It Off series by Cambria Hebert
- Card for The Spring Girls by Anna Todd
- Bookmark for the Bishop Brothers series by Kennedy Fox
- Bookmark for the Bedtime Reads series by Brooke Cumberland and Lyra Parish
- Magnet from Romance Reveal Book Box
- Button from author Willow Winters
- Pen from author Ellie Wade
- Tea light candle from Etta Claire Candle Co.
I’ve read Julia London in the past and enjoyed her. The other authors are new to me, and I actually already have a copy of The Charmer because I received it in my December Fresh Fiction Box Not to Miss. However, that copy wasn’t signed, so I plan on keeping this one and donating the unsigned one.
This month’s swag was pretty effective because I got a card for The Spring Girls, which I kept seeing online lately. I read the summary on the back and learned that it’s a modern retelling of Little Women, which I love. I just bought the book today.
Well, why is this my last Romance Reveal box? Simply put, it’s the cost. For the four-book box, I pay $49.90 per month, including shipping. As much of an awesome value that is–four signed books, plus all the swag–I was just starting to feel overwhelmed with my TBR and I haven’t been reading these books quickly enough. My shelves are literally full. Also, I looked at all the monthly subscriptions that I have (Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, etc.) and Romance Reveal is the one that I’m just not “using” enough to justify the cost.
I’m sad to cancel and I hope to resubscribe at some point in the future. But on the bright side, I definitely have plenty of books to keep me company in the meantime.