Drilled by Opal Carew
(Digital ARC from Edelweiss)
Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? by Alyssa Mastromonaco
(Memoir, Ebook, Purchased)
- I received some surprise book mail the other day at work. Turns out that I won a grab bag of fiction and non-fiction from Skyhorse Publishing! I shared some books with coworkers and kept the rest.
- Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis
I debated whether or not I wanted to read this right away since I think it’s more in the chick lit category rather than strict romance…but it’s Shalvis, so I couldn’t pass it up when I saw it in Target the other day.
- Mess With Me by Nicole Helm (Digital ARC from NetGalley)
- All those awesome books from Romance Reveal!
Life or Something Like It
- My new glasses from Zenni arrived, but sadly, one of the lenses had a defect in the anti-reflective coating. *woe* I sent them back for inspection and they’re going to be remade for free, phew.
- I bought an Echo Dot on Amazon Prime Day and subsequently became obsessed with it after it arrived. I’ve already bought a second one! One is upstairs and one is downstairs. So far, I’m mostly using them for audiobooks, podcasts, news, and music. I always have something playing on my phone when I’m getting ready for work, making breakfast, or doing laundry, so this will give my phone a break. Plus, I love the fact that Alexa will read Kindle books to me, which is super helpful when I don’t own the Audible version of a book. My plan is to switch over to smart light bulbs at some point.
- I finally got caught up on–and finished–The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu. The final episodes are SO GOOD. I need season two in my life right now and I am ridiculously stoked that it was nominated for so many Emmys!
Have a great week! 🙂