Hate to Want You by Alisha Rai
(Print ARC from BookExpo)
The Party by Robyn Harding
(Mystery, Print, Library)
- Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis (Digital ARC from Edelweiss)
Christmas in July! Or September, which is when this releases. This is #4 in Shalvis’s Heartbreaker Bay series.
- Wilde in Love by Eloisa James (Digital ARC from Edelweiss)
*muppet flail* So excited about this! It’s #1 in James’s The Wildes of Lindow Castle series.
- Wicked Grind by J. Kenner (Print, Purchased)
This is #1 in the Stark World series. I had a Barnes & Noble gift card from my birthday to spend on this. There was a guy sitting on the floor in the graphic novel aisle who kept making the strangest noises while Michael and I were in the romance section. It was a cross between retching and the sound you make when you’re trying to lift something heavy, but not having much success? I don’t know. People are interesting.
Life or Something Like It
- In last week’s recap, I mentioned that I ordered new glasses from Zenni, but they arrived with a defect in one of the lenses. I sent them back and my replacement glasses arrived yesterday…with a SCRATCHED LENS. Are you freaking kidding me?! I called them and complained and they asked me to take a photo of the scratch and email it to them. I haven’t heard back yet. I realize this is 100% a first world problem, but I have no problem putting a company on blast when their quality is crap. And lately, Zenni is not living up to the good service I’m used to from them. Warby Parker may be in my near future…
- The other night, Dirty Dancing was on tv. The ORIGINAL, not the monstrosity of a remake that we shall not speak of. I caught around 5 minutes of the remake and it was just awful. Anyway, the original was on and I hadn’t watched it in many years and omg, it was so wonderful. I first watched that movie when I was far too young to understand it (and way before it was appropriate to be watching it), but seeing it as an adult gave me LIFE. It’s basically a romance novel. Baby learns to dance! She stands up to her family! She falls in love! She carries a watermelon! This is amazing.
- I finally got a chance to watch The Wrong Bed: Naked Pursuit! This tv movie was adapted from a Harlequin Blaze novel of the same name by Jill Monroe. It originally aired on Lifetime Movie Network, which I don’t have access to, but now it’s showing on regular Lifetime! It was appropriately cheesy and fun, which means it was awesome. It’s basically a Hallmark movie but with cursing and sexytimes. 😉 I cannot wait for the launch of Passionflix so that I can watch more movies similar to this one!
Hope you have a great week! 🙂